Re: [TenTec] eagle

To: "ROD" <w3krq@dejazzd.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] eagle
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 08:33:51 -0400
With the Eagle you can easily know what output power you have.  There is a
"POWER"
adjustment, the value of which is displayed on screen.  If the ALC light is
flashing on voice
modulation or on solid on cw key down, the PEP output power is equal to the
power level
displayed.

concern since the
Triton meter only displayed SWR on TX.  That concern was quickly put to rest
after operating
the rig a short time and realizing that the ALC light was giving me more
accurate info than the
meter could ever do and I had a constant check on the quality of load
impedance.   TT just
stuck with a good thing on the Eagle.    :-)

-Lee-

WA3FIY