Re: [TenTec] Club Owned TenTec Equipment

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Club Owned TenTec Equipment
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 19:33:57 -0500
On the Paragon; I had one which developed similar "phase lock loop not
locked" symptoms. I sent it back to TT several times,  but the fix is
relatively simple, make sure the boards are grounded. It may take reflowing
a bit of solder on the ground traces around the machine screw holes of the
boards, star washer lock nuts, a touch of De-Oxit, and tightening the
machine screws an eighth to quarter turn after head contact to insure the
star washer bites into the solder.  I think some even soldered both sides of
the mounting holes, used longer machine screws, and put star washers on both
sides of the board. A yearly application of De-Oxit and checking /
retightening screws to maintain the grounds is a good idea.

73 es DX,

Gary - AB9M