Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ filter anomaly

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ filter anomaly
From: John Oglesby <john91@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 21:35:17 -0400
Dave - I assume that you mean n-1 or n-2 buttons on the front panel of
the Omni.  I had similar issues with my TenTec filters.  With 250Hz
selected on the main filter, if I selected 250Hz on n-2 (I assume that
this is what you are doing) I had significant signal loss even with the
jumpers in their proper position.  I ended up adding an amplifier stage
post filter to get the gain balance correct.

When I replaced that second 250Hz filter with an Inrad filter the gain
balance was right on the money and the amplifier stage was removed.  My
assumption was poor passband matching between the two TenTec filters was
the problem.

73
John
N9RE