[TenTec] O3 wish list

To: jhenry@tentec.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] O3 wish list
From: Rsoifer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 10:37:30 -0400 (EDT)
I've had my O2 (fully loaded except for the antenna tuner) for 5+  years.
With that experience in mind, I would like to see its successor  have a sub
receiver identical to the main rx, data outputs to support
externally-running software (e.g., Skimmer, etc.), and a selectable waterfall
display.  I
can do without 6-meter coverage if it would detract from  performance on the
other bands -- I've already got a 1208 transverter.  I  want the radio to be
fully stand-alone like the current O2, i.e., connecting to  a PC should be
optional, not required.  As for a fast spectrum display, it  would be nice
to have, but I wouldn't pay much to get it.  A PC does a  better job of that,
anyway.  I'm not interested in open-source firmware; if  I were, I'd have
bought a Flex.  IMHO, that's a different market  segment.  As for Elecraft,
the K3 (K4?) is more of a direct competitor, but  I wouldn't try to have the
O3 match its small size.  I'd leave  that to the Eagle 2, or Omni 8.  The O3
should be the best-performing HF/MF  base station radio on the market, full
stop.

My $0.02 worth, anyway.

73 Ray W2RS

In a message dated 5/12/2011 11:40:56 A.M. GMT Standard Time,