Re: [TenTec] Corsair II U10 Problems

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II U10 Problems
From: "Jerry Haigwood" <jerry@w5jh.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 21:57:50 -0500
Stuart,
    My Corsair II does not have a U10 problem.  However, I expect it will
someday.  Therefore I am doing a "preemptive strike" and developing the
replacement now.  I have seen a lot of Corsairs (both varieties) come down
with the dreaded failed U10 problem.  When Neil at AADE gets through we will
have a nice replacement display.  Neil will make a little money and we
Corsair owners will get to keep our radios running for a much longer time.
The only other problem I see is the MRF458 transistors in the final amp.
However, other transistors close to the MRF458 are being made.  I am sure we
can substitute one of those newer transistors.
Jerry W5JH