Re: [TenTec] Subject: Re: Using Ten-Tec mics with Omni VI+

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Subject: Re: Using Ten-Tec mics with Omni VI+
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 19:50:13 -0400
Geeze... I suggest you check with TT about that mic gain figure.  I
realize the 777 has significantly lower "open signal voltage"  - i.e.,
lower output signal strength -  compared to typical dynamic microphones,
but you use it relatively up close, and not farther away like the
typical hand held performance style dynamic microphone and so the two
input signals should be approximately equal therefor.  I would have
expected a mic gain figure of, maybe, 55-65 %,  and other mics would be
lower, around 40-45 %.

Is there a hardware gain pot or similar adjustment?   Or do you have
only the MIC GAIN dial on the front panel?    (I ask because on my Omni
VII we have two controls to adjust mic input volume.)

Just MY take...     Glad to see you found a work around and can use it now.

Happy Trails.