Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI Panadapter?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI Panadapter?
From: Glenn <wa4aos@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 10:09:10 -0400 (EDT)
 One thing I am considering is purchasing a Flex 1500 for around $650 new, less
used and cradle it to a cheap laptop. It does not follow the Omni VII but
switching it in and out of line with a TR awitch would make a  decent spectrum
analyzer. Perhaps Carl, N2PY has a program that would interface to follow the
O6.  If not, the Flex 1500 is a very decent rig buy itself and not a bad
investment in a second RX/ backup QRP transceiver.
I have not planned out all of the possible problems but I can't imagine it
being a big deal.

One of my friends has several of the Flex transceivers and the display is fast
and impressive. Ten Tec has been promising a faster real time analyzer for the
Omni VII but to my disappointment, after years of telling me they almost have
it, no cigar.

73,

Glenn WA4AOS
DSM Labs