Re: [TenTec] OK , sounds good

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OK , sounds good
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py2@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:29:34 -0400
I have just a few more comments on this.  First, I have several users
running the Orion with the 9 mhz IF mod, LP-Pan, and TRX-Pan.  This
works quite well and is very stable.

Second, I also have an interface with SDR-IQ.  In this setup, no 9 mhz
IF output mod is needed at all on the Orion.  Instead, one wire is added
inside the orion that goes between the sub-reciever antenna input and
the spare jack on the Orion.  This allows SDR-IQ or the Flex 1500 to
share the same antenna with the Orion.  My software keeps the two radios
in lock step, also providing a great panadapter function without the
need for a sound card or 9 mhz IF mode.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Dr.
Hays, NC 28635