Re: [TenTec] Connector tightening

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Connector tightening
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:20:58 +0200
I think a more important point, than which connector or which manufacturer,
or how tight, is the weather-proofing.

How many times have we built a "temporary" antenna, and then left it up for
10 years?
And how many times have I kicked myself in the _ _ _ because water had run
into my coax.
Sure I knew better, but I never really intended to leave it up.
So now I at least tape all outside connections with electrical tape, all the
time.
That also solves the problem of connectors working lose.

Of course there is better stuff than electrical tape, but my point is, do
something; anything!

73
Rick