Re: [TenTec] TT 535/536 Back lighting

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT 535/536 Back lighting
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@tbc.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 12:49:49 -0500
I used one of the ones from All Electronics a few years ago, but found
that the ones from Glowsafe fit right in.  I have several spares waiting
for future use.  You do not have to trim the Glowsafe ones.  Just be
sure to order just the strips.  When I ordered some a while back, the
website defaulted to supplying a compact battery power supply along with
the strip.  You don't need the power supply for this application. Their
website is:http://www.glowsafe.com/.

They work well, and do not have to be trimmed.  Be sure to make sure
that the inverter circuit is actually providing voltage to the strip. I
have two of the Argonaut II radios, and eventually both of them needed
the electrolytics replaced in the inverters.  It doesn't hurt to replace
the ones in the regulated power supply there by the top bank of
switches, too.

73,

Steve WA9JML

On 9/6/2011 12:38 PM, Bill Harris wrote:

> Walt:Are these the strips you are referring too?
> http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/category/213/Electroluminescent-Strips/1.html

LaterBillHarris-w7kxb