Re: [TenTec] Steve Hunts web site

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Steve Hunts web site
From: JT Croteau <jt.n1ese@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:38:12 -0400
On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 10:57 PM, Mike, K9UW <k9uw@wi-net.com> wrote:
> My browser incorporates Google's Safe Browsing App:
> http://code.google.com/apis/safebrowsing/

This is very much what is going on as the malware is only listed by
Google.  The offending malware does not appear on Steve's website but
has been detected on other sites hosted by his host, karinya.net.
When google detects malware, it blocks everything from the top level
down just to be safe.

What's interesting to note is the malware isn't even hosted on
karinya.net pages but there are hosted pages that link, without user
consent, to another domain containing the malware.

According to Google:

Of the 7 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 7 page(s)
resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without
user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on
2011-09-13, and the last time suspicious content was found on this
site was on 2011-09-13.  Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s),
including sokoloperkovuskeci.com/.

If the only pages you visit on karinya.net are Steve's, it's safe to
ignore the Google generated  malware warning.

- JT