Re: [TenTec] Model 963 questions

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 963 questions
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 20:01:46 -0400
With the negative floating, RF could enter directly into the voltage
regulator IC.  After receiving the email from Astron, I removed the
insulators from the negative post and cleaned enough of the paint from
around the hole to ensure good contact between the post and the chassis.
Never had any trouble thereafter.

Good luck.  If you ever have problems or know anyone who does, just pass the
word.  They can do with it as they will.

73, Mike N4NT