Re: [TenTec] Omni 3 (was new RX366 sub receiver)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 3 (was new RX366 sub receiver)
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:20:58 -0400
The P3 manufacturer's info page indicates:

        "200 kHz maximum span; 2 kHz minimum span
        (wider spans planned with future f/w updates)"

My Omni VII does 3kHz,  30kHz, and 300 kHz.   I generally use the
30 kHz range, myself.   I also use Carl N4PY's software with a
Ten-Tec RX320D as a "second receiver" and it has a band scope
that can run in the background, and then if you click on the
RX320D band scope window, my Omni VII automatically tunes
to that frequency.   Fabulous.

A)   I wonder if it would work that way with the Orion II....?

B)   Does the Orion II have a different range(s) for its scope ?

        PS...  I once asked Carl about this, and I believe he
        modified he software pursuant to my inquiry, and
        then announced it would be a new feature in (I think)
        release 3.17 or so.    If you look in the "readme" file you
        will see where he added this to the feature mix.

         I felt pretty special getting that sort of treatment, while
        thinking Carl is        pretty @##$%  quick on his feet !

Happy Trails.