Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Motorola MC68705P3

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Motorola MC68705P3
From: Andrew Moore <andrew.nv1b@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 20:59:54 -0400
Understood.  It's unfortunate that it ended up on the list.  Mistakes
happen.  No hard feelings to you or Glenn or anyone else, I assure you, and
I apologize if I sounded like I placed blame in places where it should be
placed.  I just feel bad for "Paul" in this instance.

I'm glad to hear that they at least have the means to program the part, and
share your frustration in the fact that they can't provide that service.

I wonder if a middle ground would be to approach them about providing source
code for the device, and info about what programmer is needed, given that
the device and radio are no longer supported?  After all, they've put the
manuals online for obsolete products.  If they aren't providing the service
themselves, then losing money due to competition isn't a factor.

Again, I'm grateful to you & all who are pushing to keep these great rigs
alive.

73,
--Andrew, NV1B
..