Re: [TenTec] Question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Question
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py2@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 08:03:14 -0400
I actually use a Perseus receiver with the Orion for a Panadapter.
There are no sensitivity issues with the Perseus on 10 and 12 meters.
And I also use a transverter for 6 meters, 2 meters, and 70 cm, and I
have mine wired so that the 28 mhz output of the transverters is also
shared with the Perseus receiver.  This gives me a panadapter even on
the transverter bands.  And my software takes care of all the Perseus
frequencies being correct on the transverter bands.  It even has a value
to allow for the crystal oscillator being off a little in the transverter.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Dr.
Hays, NC 28635
www.n4py.com