[TenTec] Omni VII / Static IP address

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VII / Static IP address
From: "John/K4WJ" <k4wj@att.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 17:27:42 -0400
Is a static IP address required when using the Omni VII from a remote location?
I've read the OnePlug manual and I don't see any mention of a static IP
address.

The IP address for the location of the Omni VII needs to be known in order to
access the Omni from a remote location. How can the remote user know the IP
address, when a dynamic IP address is used, other than having someone at the
rig's location determine the IP address for the remote user by using IP Chicken?

A friend is going to purchase an Omni VII so that he can remotely access it
from his current noisy and antenna restricted building. I'm trying to shorten
the learning period required to get everything working properly.

TIA and 73..de John/K4WJ