[TenTec] Omni 6 Opt.3 to FL-2100B

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6 Opt.3 to FL-2100B
From: Gary Winkelman <thewinks02@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 11:29:21 -0500
.  I need advise on keying the FL-2100B from my Omni 6.  Some say they have
used the Relay jack on the Omni 6 straight to the keying jack of the amp.
Others say that doing it that way will result in “hot switching” and will
do damage.  Some say to use the TXOUT/TXEN jacks on the Omni to an external
relay like the Keyall.  Then there are all kinds of confusing stuff about
timing and whatnot with that scenario.  I have read Tom and Rick’s
informative articles that I understood some.  Maybe both ways of keying the
amp are good but there does not seem to be a consensus.   Any assistance is
appreciated!  73, Gary  N2UM