Re: [TenTec] Original Message

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Original Message
From: John K3GHH <k3ghh@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 06:56:35 +0000
On 11/18/2011 03:52 AM, Richards wrote:
> In any case, I prefer a top reply - rather than a bottom reply - I don't
> like scrolling down through endless copies of previous messages, which
> can add up if you don't clip the previous messages short, just to find
> the reply.  That way, if we know what it is about, we don't have to
> scroll down to the bottom of every reply.  I cannot see why it is good
> to repeat the entire thread in every message, but... well... to each his
> own.

Ah, I wondered if the "top vs bottom" issue would arise in this thread!
I'm with JHR, strongly preferring "top posting." (The combination of
"quoting everything" and "bottom posting" results, too often, in having
to scroll through a hundred lines of stuff only to find the new post
consists of "Right on!" or something.)

But many lists seem to prefer, or insist upon, bottom posting, so c'est
la vie...

--
John K3GHH