Re: [TenTec] Antenna-Analyzer

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Antenna-Analyzer
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 22:48:27 -0500
Good question.

Yes, you can use the RigExpert analyzer equally well in the shack or at
the antenna or anywhere along the feed line.   In fact, the RigExpert
analyzer has a feature that allows you to factor feed line
characteristics in or out of the calculations.  While I am no expert at
explaining it, frankly it seems to have very little impact on the
overall results (which I guess is good because I would hate to discover
my feed line was causing widely varying results... one would hope
different feed lines would have only marginal impact on the the final
measurement.

So you can use it at either point with equal facility.