[TenTec] New Life for Argosy--PTO / DDS Swap

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] New Life for Argosy--PTO / DDS Swap
From: scottsheppard@videotron.ca
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 21:14:28 -0500
Well this holiday season I made some changes to my little Argosy (analog) that
had been sitting neglected  in behind my Corsair II and the Omni V...I replaced
the PTO with the N4YG DDS just as I had with the Corsair. The difference is
night and day. The simple pleasures of being able to pick the radio up or move
it a few inches without the freq changing several kc's is enough but the tuning
is so much more pleasurable. I added a LED freq display at the same time and
replaced a lot of the older caps on the IF/AF board. I now have a new (old)
favorite radio.

The conversion was very easy and I placed the board where the old noise blanker
used to be. Very little difference from the Corsair mods and in fact I would
say the Argosy is even easier to do. If anyone is interested in getting more
info I am happy to pass my experiences along...

73

scott  va3ied