Re: [TenTec] RX366

To: ac5aa@ac5aa.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX366
From: kc9cdt@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:11:12 -0500 (EST)
Hardware NB NOT NR...
Why does it do this if we have a 2.4 (or whatever) front end roofing
filter? Why is the signal that far away effecting NB?

NR at any setting just does not seem to be worth much...Going on memory
I think the OI was better. I am at the curent level on the OII.

Yes, I know that NB is only for pulse noise and I have some of that
here....from a well pump controller. and some other stuff as well.

Quite honestly the Collins KWM-2 I have is quiter most of the time and
definely the Hallicrafters SX-117 is as well.
What works best is RF gain as low as I can go and still copy the
signal...so that's what I do.

73,
Lee