[TenTec] 565v3.026 ready at TenTec for download

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 565v3.026 ready at TenTec for download
From: John Henry <jhenry@tentec.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 17:11:00 -0500
Version 3 of the Orion II 566 is now ready for download.

Go to
www.tentec.com
Hover over downloads
Click on transceiver downloads.

Scroll down to the 566 section.

Click on the link on the right column titled "Firmware Ver3.026".

Download/run it.
It will install the Orion II update utility and ruf files into:
C:\Program Files\Ten-Tec\OrionII Firmware Update

To view the "What is V3 file"
Click on
Windows Start
All Programs
Ten-Tec
OrionII Firmware Update
then click on What is V3
And it brings up the 74474 document already posted.

To run the update utility....
Click on
Windows Start
All Programs
Ten-Tec
OrionII Firmware Update
then click on Orion II FIrmware Update

It should report Version 4.15 of the updater in help about.

Ensure you have the proper com port selected.
This is found in "Settings" Setup
The very first time I run update, I usually uncheck stop on errors, and
then re-check it, then select close.
This ensures that it will stop if there are any programming errors.

Then perform the normal update procedure.
Place the radio into update mode, (hold down USER2 while turning it on
until FLASH UPDATE MODE Is shown on the Orion II)
Select Process, Update Radio, and then select the 566v3.026.ruf file.

You will see the line numbers slowly increase on both the update program
screen and on the radio's display.

Follow the RAM Clear/Master Reset steps outlined in 74474, the what is V3
document.

Then enjoy SAF and all the new features.

John