Re: [TenTec] THANK YOU

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] THANK YOU
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 21:27:50 -0600
I think that's a bit unfair to Jim. I know he's a big boy, now, and
can fight his own battles. Still, read carefully what he wrote and
you'll see that he doesn't claim authorship of anything. He claims
knowledge about what pros do to deal with these problems and that
he's part of a working group who's job is to figure this stuff out. I
don't think he's bragging about his position or his authorship. He's
telling us that some engineers who's job is to worry about stuff like
this have worried about it and reached a consensus of what the
problems are and how to deal with them.

I take his explanation to be an indication of the collective wisdom
of people that get paid to worry about audio quality. I suppose it
might be argued that he should simply provide a link to the report,
or perhaps a full reference to it so that we can go get it ourselves
and let us figure it out. That argument is perfectly legitimate and
would come across as: "I know this stuff, and I know the sources. If
you want to know it, too, then go to those same sources."

I certainly appreciate the fact that he shares his expertise with us
and that he's willing to make the effort to summarize it succinctly for us.

73,

Kim N5OP