[TenTec] A risky question

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] A risky question
From: "Curt" <rhulett1@consolidated.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 07:48:00 -0600
I'm considering buying a new radio, either an Eagle or a K3. Hoping to avoid
a flame storm, would appreciate observations from folks who have had
opportunity to operate both. Realizing the lab test specifications and use
by numerous DXpeditions would favor the latter, price and simplicity draw me
toward the Eagle.

The item giving me some pause was a rather scathing critique about the poor
capabilities for a CW op that I read in an Eagle-specific forum. That post
indicated the Eagle was fine for an HF newbie but a waste of money for
anyone else. One complaint was difficulty of accessing RIT and other
controls, another was lack of output power indication.  Neither of these
would be a show stopper for me.

73, Curt KB5JO