[TenTec] adding xtal filter before Orion

To: "'tentec@contesting.com'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] adding xtal filter before Orion
From: "Zivney, Terry" <00tlzivney@bsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 08:49:34 -0500
I think Rick wants a receiver loop like some of the Icom rigs have where a
receive preamp or
preselector  (read xtal filter) could be inserted.  I think on the Orion you
can break in at a
TMP connector which goes to the main RX board and loop that out the back of the
radio
to the external preselector box and then back into the Orion to go to the main
RX board.
I'm not sure where the Transverter input goes; you may want  to check that out,
and you
can use the space RCA connector on the back panel for a second terminus to make
things
clean.

Good luck!

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9