Re: [TenTec] Orion I main and RX366 subreceiver differences

To: "'tentec@contesting.com'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion I main and RX366 subreceiver differences
From: "Zivney, Terry" <00tlzivney@bsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 08:49:40 -0400
Yes, I tried the attenuator (up to 18dB) and it reduced but did  not eliminate
the crackling.
But, the RX366 subreceiver in the same radio with the same settings (and no
attenuator) had no signs of the crackling noise.  Hence, my query about whether
there was some significant hardware/firmware differences between the main and
subreceiver.

Terry

That sounds like overload caused by the AGC not reducing gain enough.
If you hear it again, turn on the attenuator and see if that removes the
crackling.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Dr.
Hays, NC 28635