Re: [TenTec] Delta II - no xmit on phone

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Delta II - no xmit on phone
From: "Kris Merschrod" <Kris@merschrod.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 14:36:54 -0400
Ok, there have been a few suggestions in the mic being the problem.  If you
do not have an alternative mic, then carefully use an insulated jumper wire
to touch the two pins together that are the PTT and the ground (I do not
have my manual handy) that should close the relay (that is stop the recvr).
IF that works THEN you know it is your mic.  IF that does not work THEN the
mic is not the problem.

If the PTT is not working with the Jumper, there is another test point w/o
opening the cabinet. Go to Accessory Jack # 1 on the rear.  (See Table 2-2
in your manual) there is also the PTT point # 2 and groiund that.  That
should disable the recvr.  If that does not happen then for sure it is not
the Mic and something in that well packed box is the problem and that is
when I "bail" and send it to T-T after disccsuing the isse with one of the
guys who is a Delta II ghru.

(I have changed the back light so I have opened the case, but the first time
I looked in there I knew that my skills from the tube days were over - no
room to poke around :>)

Kris KM2KM