Re: [TenTec] New to Orion II and PSK question

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New to Orion II and PSK question
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:55:16 -0500
I'd suggest using AUX as using Both might allow sound from with the shack to
be transmitted via the mike.  Typically this is not viewed as "legal" for
the part of the band designated as digital emissions.

Seems like the computer is not seeing the 712 as the sound card for TX and
RX audio.    Are you decoding PSK signals?   If the receiver is muting that
seems to imply the radio is switching to transmit mode.  Check the Control
Panel under Sounds and Audio Devices to see that it recognized the USB
Soundcard.

73
Bob, K4TAX