Re: [TenTec] ORION II and Elecraft P3 panadpter?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION II and Elecraft P3 panadpter?
From: Floyd Sense <floyd@k8ac.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 15:35:07 -0400
Dave - I suggest you review carefully your connection to R26.  That IS
the right point for the tap and if you connected to R26 noting which
side goes to ground, you will have signal there.  I've used that tap
with the same buffer amp, driving either LP-Pan or (now) SDR-IQ and both
worked perfectly.  Did you mount the buffer amp near the tap as shown in
the VE7TK document?  When you tested the buffer amp was it mounted in
the O2 and being powered from there just as it would be when using the
tap?  I have no idea whether or not that trace you mentioned is really
ground - I assume it is - but if one side of R26 isn't connected to
ground there, I'd change things so the coax is across R26 as suggested.
I don't have a P3 here any longer, but do you have it set up right for
the O2 IF frequency?  I recall there was a menu item to set the IF freq
for the P3, but don't recall any details.

73, Floyd - K8AC