Re: [TenTec] Top receivers

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Top receivers
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 15:11:09 -0400

On 5/14/2012 7:17 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
> Bob, you hit it.  We need to stop making transmitters with 12v transistors.
> 48v MOSFETs should be mandatory.  We do need laws to mandate this.

                I THINK I LIKE THE IDEA OF MARKET PRESSURE
                BETTER than asking for more legislation.  Once you
                get it mandated, it is murder getting around it
                later when a better technology comes along.

                I think all the suggestions - rants - so far are
                consistent with our doing better to exert
                market pressure on manufacturers.   We are
                fussy about receiver specs, and manufacturers
                seem to react to that - so why not just get fussy
                about transmitter specs, and see if manufacturers
                respond in the same way ?

> If we start now, maybe in 5 years we could get some legislation,

                Another reason market pressure is a better plan.

Just MY take, anyway.