Re: [TenTec] Radial Research

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Radial Research
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 10:42:55 -0500
While I didn't find the referenced article in May 2012 or June 2012 editions
of QST,  {just might not have looked close enough} what I did find was a bit
disturbing.

Page 56, May 2012 QST, shows a dipole fed with balanced line connected
directly to a radio.   While this may have been intended to show a generic
concept or design and an effort to discuss the related RFI situation, the
picture alone sends a VERY WRONG MESSAGE.  The text in the article does
justice to discussing RFI issues and potential solutions and investigations.

On the other hand, on page 54, May 2012 QST, is a very good example of "how
it should be done" with regard to the use of a common mode choke and the
lightning protection method.

Not only do I feel the need to point out these to the readers on this
reflector, I did copy the authors of those two articles.

73
Bob, K4TAX