[TenTec] Anderson PowerPole conversion on Orion I

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Anderson PowerPole conversion on Orion I
From: "Paul K." <hglent@frii.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 13:49:30 -0400
Smoke from the Orion got my attention!

While operating the Orion, I heard a few click of a relay and the radio
shut off.  I tried to power up with no results.  I pulled the power
connection and the fuse.  The power connector is in good condition, but
one of the spades on the fuse was burned and melted.  The fuse was not
blown.

Obviously, for some reason there was a build up of heat on the spade
connection of the fuse which resulted in the failure of the fuse connector.

I remember seeing something on this reflector about converting the Orion
over to the Anderson PowerPole connectors.  Please, some one direct me
to the conversion information.

Along the same line, has anyone come up with a conversion of the fuse
connector to the standard size fuses used in the Anderson and MFJ power
distribution boxes?

Thanks on helping me get the smoke put back in the Orion.

Paul K.
WA0BAG

--
Paul K. WA0BAG