Re: [TenTec] Just an observation

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Just an observation
From: Rsoifer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 14:56:59 -0400 (EDT)
Tnx, Perry.  I don't know about that legend stuff.  Lots of hams copied
Sputnik, etc. but I was one of those who got written up in the press.  You're
right about those being different times.   The USA was crying in its beer
about Sputnik, Yuri Gagarin, etc.,and rightly or wrongly, poor science
education was blamed.  Our kids can't keep with theirs, it was said.  So, along
came
these ham teenagers who actually did something, and the press had a field
day for a week or so.  Fun while it lasted.

73 Ray