Re: [TenTec] new to CW dxing

To: wb5jnc@centurytel.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] new to CW dxing
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 00:09:11 -0400
That is consistent with what other guys are telling me.

I have been following a learning plan laid out by an old ham friend,
Bob, N1KPR,  who wrote a short book on learning the code.  He was really
good friends with Dave Ingram (K4TWJ - SK) who wrote several books on
code keys, and who also wrote a column thereon for CQ Magazine.  In
return for a favor I performed, Mr. Ingram gave me a special, unique,
limited edition code key bearing serial number.  He told me one like it
is on display at W1AW.  I consider myself fortunate to have had their
guidance early on, and am now looking to finish the task.

With all the advice on learning code, especially the recent referrals
and links to articles on HOW to conduct myself on the air received over
the past few days, I am sure to be well informed on good practice and
procedure when on the air.   Knowing the code is first, and knowing how
to conduct myself, is second.

I am equally fortunate to have already accumulated a few high quality
keys - One is the Limited Edition Ten-Tec 40th Anniversary/Bencher
iambic paddle, Serial No. 006 (which I have yet to take from the box).
Another is my most recent acquisition, one of the very first Vibroplex
Vibrocube dual iambic paddles - which are not even for sale on the
Vibroplex web site yet.  If you see a photo of it, chances are I took
the pic as a favor to Scott (you know... formerly of Ten-Tec...).  It
weighs nearly 6 pounds !   I don't think it will migrate on the desk
even under heavy use!  It is a real thing of beauty.

Thanks loads for the encouragement.

        For me, the best part of ham radio has been
        the number of really first rate people I have
        met and come to know - even if only over
        the  internet.  Based on our correspondence,
        I am reasonably confident you feel feel the
        same.

Thanks, Al.