Re: [TenTec] My First Ten-Tec - Marketing

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My First Ten-Tec - Marketing
From: george fritkin <georgefritkin@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 19:37:41 -0700 (PDT)
I have lots of Ten Tec and lots of Elecraft.  Radios from both companies are
outstanding.  But Elecraft has built a cult like following, while Ten Tec keeps
a lower profile.

I also have lots of Yaesu, Kenwood, and ICOM.  Now days they tend to sit
silent.  I think the majority of amateurs "go with the flow" and buy strictly
on price and what is popular.  I ask my friends try to talk to the president of
Kenwood etc........HI HI.  Nobody wraps hundreds of dollars around each product
they sell.
It is just very intimidating to buy direct.  There is "comfort" dealing with a
distributor.  Right, good luck.

George, W6GF