Re: [TenTec] What's wrong with the Ten Tec Scout?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What's wrong with the Ten Tec Scout?
From: "Phil Sikes" <psikes@whidbey.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 12:44:11 -0700
Since I am the one that mentioned it I better chime in with what my problem
was. I had mine set up mobile and was running CW at a pretty good clip
(between 35-40 WPM) with my brother and another op down in Oklahoma. We were
rag chewing so some of the exchanges got pretty long winded. If I kept a QSO
too long I would get complaints from the others that I was drifting. I
figured at least they got a chance to exercise their RIT controls!

Other than that little quirk I did totally enjoy the Scout. I think when I
finally sold it I had every module except 160 for it. I do not do HF mobile
any longer but I do HF portable operations when we are out in our travel
trailer. If I found another Scout at a good price I might just jump on it.

73 - Phil N7UX

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without
evidence.

Christopher Hitchens