Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem
From: Ben Hall <kd5byb@kd5byb.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 20:56:01 -0500
Hi Phil!

Thanks for the reply.  Warmed up the scope and the AC ripple on the
power supply is less than 75mV peak to peak.

I got out a 10amp, 13.8VDC supply and tried it.  It seems like it tries
to come on, all the LED's light, a relay clicks, then the power supply
goes into current limit, everything shuts off.  The power supply will
recover, put out voltage again, all the LED's light etc., power supply
goes into limiting and does it again and again...  :(

(I didn't let it do it more than three or four times before turning it off)

So I'm thinking that power supply is okay and the trouble is indeed
inside the radio.  :(

thanks much and 73,
ben, kd5byb