Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem
From: Ben Hall <kd5byb@kd5byb.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 07:20:23 -0500
Hi Mike!

Got the covers off, unsoldered the red wire going from the final amp
section to the power input board and it powers up fine and I hear static
in the speaker.  :)  Seems to operate normally - can switch filters, etc...

I think you've hit the nail on the head!  Something is amiss in the
driver / final section.

Interestingly, measuring from the disconnected red wire to ground and to
the negative power supply input shows high resistance.  Not sure what to
make of that.  The thought that maybe the finals are okay and the driver
is shorted (only shorting the finals when power is applied) did occur to
me, but without a schematic I'm just guessing.

Anyone have a schematic, service manual, or parts list for a Paragon?

thanks much and 73,
ben
kd5byb