Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem gets very odd

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem gets very odd
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 01:06:31 -0400
Cool.   That's the ticket.  (Although I don't recall them costing
over $20 !)   I will Google around and see what comes up not that you
confirm their usefulness.

Regarding exercising pots...  I learned long ago from my collection of
old AM radios, that I can usually avoid spraying loads of contact
cleaner in the controls if I just exercise them all the way up-and-down
several times, and then I don't get that awful "scrauntch" sound when I
turn them on.  You know the sound.  So I just rotate the posts several
times through their entire course before I plug them in, and that
usually cures it.  Only occasionally do I need to use any contact
spritz, which I prefer not to use if possible.   No reason other than
the KISS method.

Thanks for the uptake on burnishing tools.