Re: [TenTec] TT 580 Delta

To: tentec@contesting.com, "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT 580 Delta
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 09:22:37 -0500
Rick,

While the Argosy and Delta had the same "look", there was considerable
difference internally. The Argosy was an offshoot of the Argonaut/Triton
single conversion 9 MHz IF setup, while the Delta used a unique (at least to
Ten-Tec) dual conversion scheme with a tuneable first IF of 11-11.5 MHz and
second IF at 6.3 MHz. The broad first IF may account for your 40M BCI issues.

73, Al