Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec market visibility

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec market visibility
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 19:25:42 -0400
A lot of those DX-peditions do not own the the K3 rigs they use, they
are borrowed from Elecraft.   I would take practically any radio on a
DX-pedition if it was free to borrow like that.

Also,  TenTec never comes up for the Michigan ARRL conference, and I
don't blame them.   It is just another small hamfest and hardly rates
their appearance.

It looks like the TT management may be suitably selective and they only
appear at the larger, more regional events.   There is no hamfest
anywhere in my state where I would expect them to appear - it would be
nice, but not worth it.  My friends and I put on one of the biggest in
the state, and I would never even invite them to it!

        (But Y'all are invited to the IRA Independent Repeater
        Association Hamfest to support the state wide repeater
        system we own and maintain... bring your TT stuff and
        sell all you on the first weekend in June !)

(Shameless plug... thanks.)