Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec market visibility

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec market visibility
From: "Jerry Haigwood" <jerry@w5jh.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 18:14:47 -0500
Jim and all,
     I suspect that Elecraft is selling a lot more radios than TenTec these
days.  They have been having trouble keeping up with the sales of the KX-3.
It will be interesting to see how well the TenTec 539 stacks up against the
KX-3 in a side-by-side comparison.  I believe both are 10W radios and both
designed for the QRP/portable market.  I recently took a look at the new
100W 418 amplifier.  It is an impressive amp but out of the price range for
most people.  TenTec needs to learn how to make a $350 version of the amp
without all the bells and whistles.  They would sell a lot more of them.  In
this economy the need for lower cost equipment is larger than ever.  TenTec
needs to adapt to the economic times or stand chance of going out of
business.
Jerry W5JH