Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Digest market visibility

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Digest market visibility
From: Douglas <sparks06524@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 21:17:07 -0700 (PDT)

> Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 17:09:38 -0400
> From: John <jh.graves@verizon.net>
> Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec market visibility
> To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
>
> The attendance was good and the forums interesting.
> Having half the
> exhibit hall empty and about the same for Flea Market
> doesn't bode well
> however.
>
> John / WA1JG

We must have gone to different conventions..
What day were you there?
The convention hall was about 80% full on Saturday and the outdoor flea market
was as full as it's been in other years.

Overall attendance per FEMARA officials was UP 20% over the previous convention
and was the best in 10 years. I've been going to Boxboro since 1974 and the
comparions with other years sure looked good to me.

Yes, Ten-Tec sales are spread by word of mouth but when the word of mouth
scuttlebutt favors competitors like Elecraft, one has to wonder.

73,

Doug/WA1TUT