Re: [TenTec] PS placement

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] PS placement
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 20:25:20 -0500
There have been instances where the power supply transformer 60 Hz field does or can cause either hum or FM of the SSB signal. Seems with the Omni VI series the PS should be on the right as you face the radio. When I had linear supplies of the Tentec variety, due to station configuration they were on the right. Of more recent, I don't recall which is correct as I've used switching power supplies for years.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curt" <rhulett1@consolidated.net>