Re: [TenTec] Station power supply??

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Station power supply??
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 08:50:08 -0700
On 9/6/2012 5:16 AM, Carl Moreschi wrote:
So what's the issue?

The issue is what Henry Ott calls "the invisible schematic hiding behind the ground symbol. Wires have resistance, and that resistance results in modulation of V- at the radio when operating SSB.

And the three power supplies I own, all purchased used, have the paint problem.

And yes, all the rigs I've seen, and most accessory products have V- tied to common, which is bonded to the chassis. Which is WHY V- should NOT be bonded at the power supply.

 73, Jim K9YC