Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Switching Supplies

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Switching Supplies
From: "Robert Mcgraw" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 19:01:23 -0500 (CDT)
I solved most all of my noise problems by replacing all of the WALL WARTS
with a common supply.  Hence, the switchers used for my HF station have
been confirmed as quiet RF wise.  They have temp controlled fans that run
at variable speeds as necessary depending on load and duty cycle of the
load.

I added a good CORCOM filter to the distribution strip for the TV,
surround system, DVR, Sat receiver and such.  That took the noise down a
couple of notches more.

I've not had any issues with the CFL's but I don't use the "dimmable"
type either.

73
Bob, K4TAX