Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Switching Supplies

To: rmcgraw@blomand.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Switching Supplies
From: wade staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 20:43:32 -0500
*Lots of Good has come from this discussion on my part. I use a little
Kaito KA-1102 in the bedroom for listening at night. I had noticed a Big
noise level on 80 meters and other Shortwave bands. My Cable Modem and
Router both use Switching Wall Warts. After walking around the house this
morning, and unplugging things one at a time. I was able to get that
Hash/Noise level under control. It seems that the PSU for the Cable Modem
and Router were keeping me from listening in comfort in our bedroom. My
guess is that while no difference seems to have been made on my HF Station.
I am sure that the noise being generated in these 2 offenders had to be
adding some hash to my Paragon's Receiver. Digging in the junk box, found
me a couple of Wall Warts that did not cause Havoc in my Itty Bitty Chinese
radio in the bedroom. Thanks Guys !!! Another problem solved just by
reading the Ten Tec Reflector................ The Kaito is short on
selectivity but, the sensitivity is pretty good. Now we can listen to the
Early Morning Tennessee Phone Net and be LAZY............A Special 73 to
Bob/K4TAX*
*
  73 de Wade/KJ4WS*