Re: [TenTec] O II Menu

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O II Menu
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py2@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 13:12:01 -0400
There seems to be a chronic problem with the Orions as they age. There are many cable connectors behind the main front panel. I have found that removing the front panel and then removing all the cable connectors, spraying them with contact cleaner, and then plugging them back in and out several times, seems to fix most problems. Because there are so many connections here, almost any symptom seems possible from a connection that has developed some resistance.

It's not hard to remove the front panel and this fix is quite easy to do.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Dr.
Hays, NC 28635
www.n4py.com