Re: [TenTec] Paragon II model 586 questions

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon II model 586 questions
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 07:36:49 -0500
As I recall the Memory Backup battery is located in the CPU chip. I don't recall there being an separate lithium cell.

Not being familiar with the T voltage mod, can't say. However there is an internal N.O. relay that can be utilized to handle other switching applications. Care should be exercised with regard to voltage and current handling ability of this relay. I don't think use of this can be considered suitable for QSK operation.

For QSK operation the TN EN and TX OUT features with suitable amp control circuit should be employed. This assures the transceiver does not deliver RF before the amp has switched and the relays have settled.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Bertini" <radioconnection@gmail.com>