Re: [TenTec] Dipole Over Pool Enclosure

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Dipole Over Pool Enclosure
From: "Kris Merschrod" <Kris@merschrod.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 17:05:33 -0400
Dick,

I'd go for a VERTICAL and use the pool structure for radials. A light Aluminum "Flag pole" (if need be) does not weigh much.

Of course, if you can do the flag pole then you could use that to hold the dipole up higher.

Yes, the Al will distort the radiation pattern of the dipole and change the impedence but what with the TT Tuner that can be handled. With the linear folks can get an RF tan instead of those dangerous sun rays!

Good luck with the project,

Kris KM2KM
----- Original Message ----- From: "John T. Fleming" <john@w3gqj.net>